Horne’s Place Oast
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Our business and contact details
Our holiday lets include Horne’s Place Oast & Barn and The Old Church Hall. You can contact us by writing to us at Horne’s Place Oast, Kenardington Road, Appledore, Kent, TN26 2BS, by email at or by telephone on 07588 379844.
Bookings can be made online, by telephone or by email. A deposit for 30% of the value of the booking is required at the time of booking. Telephone and email bookings require payment by bank transfer and are not confirmed until you have received a booking confirmation by email.
Cancellation and refunds
We ask for 30% of the value of your booking at the time of booking. This is a non-refundable deposit. We ask for the remaining 70% to be paid six weeks before the first day of your stay. We will advise you of this date at booking and will send a reminder closer to the time. If you book within six weeks of the start date of your holiday, the full price will be due at time of booking. If your circumstances change and you are going to be unable to make your booked holiday, we will waive the remaining 70% cost if you let us know more than six weeks before the first day of your booked stay. If you wish to change the date of your booking before full payment has been made, we will do our best to accommodate you, subject to availability. If you need to cancel your booking after full payment has been made (within six weeks), we are unable to refund your holiday cost. To cancel your booking, please let us know as early as possible and confirm by email.
We will do everything we can to avoid changing or cancelling your booking after confirmation but in the event this is unavoidable we reserve the right to do so and would notify you as soon as possible.
Arrival and departure times
Check-in for booked holidays at Hornes Place Oast, Horne’s Place Oast & Barn or The Barn is from 5pm on the day of arrival. Check in at The Old Church Hall is from 3pm. Check out is by 9am at all properties.
Making a booking at Horne’s Place Oast, Horne’s Place Oast & Barn, The Barn or The Old Church Hall, gives you access to the named property for the period stated in your confirmation for the purposes of a holiday let only. By making a deposit payment of 30% you enter a contract with the property owners and agree to the following booking conditions and house rules.
• Party leader’s responsibility. By making a booking with us (and paying the 30% deposit), you take responsibility as party leader. The booking will be made in your name and we will require your postal address, a valid email address and a telephone number. We will also require the number of adults, children and any pets due to stay at the property. You will be responsible for making sure all party members adhere to the house rules.
• Check in and check out. You agree to adhere to our check-in and check-out times as stated above on the dates stated in your booking confirmation – unless otherwise agreed.
• No under 18s without supervision. We cannot accept bookings from or for under 18s without adult supervision and we expect children to be supervised at all times within our properties.
• No hen or stag parties and no single-sex group bookings. We do not accept bookings for hen or stag celebrations or for single-sex groups of six people or more.
• Doggy rules. Dogs are welcome in our holiday lets but please keep your pets under control, clean up after your pets and leave the property and its surroundings as you would wish to find it.
• Keeping it clean. You agree to leave the property clean and tidy on your departure. This includes washing, drying and putting away any crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils used. Please turn down beds that have been slept in and check that you have all your belongings with you.
• Damage or problems during your stay. We hope your holiday goes without a hitch but if there is any damage to the house or its contents during your stay, please let us know by contacting us using the details above. You agree to pay for any damage caused wilfully and for any special cleaning necessary. Emergency contact details are also provided in the house should you need us to contact us during your stay for emergency maintenance or repairs.
• Recycling and rubbish. Please help us with recycling. There is information available in the house and in the bin area to explain what can and cannot be recycled in our area. We ask that recyclables be washed and put loose in the relevant bins outside while general waste is bagged.
• Respect our neighbours. You agree to respect our neighbours and the community in which our properties are based. This includes keeping noise to a minimum, especially in the evenings.
• Stay safe! We take every step we can to make our properties safe for all our visitors including providing guards for the fires, lockable covers for the hot tub and padlocks on the gates to the pond area at Horne’s Place Oast but staying safe requires your co-operation too. Please use the safety equipment available, take care and supervise children at all times.
Horne’s Place Oast, Horne’s Place Oast & Barn, The Barn and The Old Church Hall, their owners and employees accept no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. By making a booking with us you accept full responsibility for your own property, your safety and the safety of those in your party including your children.
These Terms and Conditions have been put together in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCRs).